[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Sunday, January 12, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 18:21:16 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to all my loyal readers out there.  I hope that your Sunday morning and/or evening worship services were truly of the awesome spiritual variety, if your church has the latter.  Mine doesn't, but I can always go online and take part in another worship service after my morning one.  After all, when recharging your spiritual batteries it never overflows, right?

Today we are continuing our little game of guessing book and chapter in the Bible.  Just this past week I read these poems originally written by the late Alvy Ford of Tamecula CA and read the relevant Scripture passages that he based them on, and I was struck by how well the Lord led him to condense chapters of the Bible in such a succinct manner.  Case in point is the one you're about to read.  If you've figured out the book and chapter for the following little poem, let us know.  As usual I'll wait till Tuesday to give you the answer.  Do you have your thinking caps on? If so, let's go with the poem in question.

Then shall Jehovah be honored at length,
Source of salvation, singing and strength.
Then shall the wells of salvation be free,
Source of the blessing and joy that shall be.

Any idea on which Bible passage this is based? If you know, just post it, either to the list or privately at oilofgladness47 at gmail.com.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing tomorrow in the Daily Thought time together I've a cat story that many of you read previously, but maybe there are some who haven't, so for them will post it.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul