[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, January 16, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:34:36 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to most of you on this Thursday, although in Australia and New Zealand it's already Friday morning.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you are all doing well now.

I'm sure that, in one way or another, we can all identify in one way or another with the following humorous poem about one's computer.  Unfortunately its author is not given, but he/she wrote about it as follows:  "This is a tribute to all the Grandmas & Grandpas, Nannas & Pops, who have been fearless and learned to use the computer.  They are the Greatest!!! We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  Never be the first to get old!

And now here is the humorous poem entitled "Poem Of The Year," rendered as follows:

The computer swallowed Grandma, yes, honestly it's true!
She pressed "control and Enter" and disappeared from view!
It devoured her completely, the thought just makes me squirm;
She must have caught a virus or been eaten by a worm.

I've searched through the recycle bin and files of every kind;
I've even used the Internet, but nothing did I find.
In desperation, I asked Mr. Google my searches to refine;
The reply from him was negative, not a thing was found "online."

So, if inside your "Inbox," my Grandma you should see,
Please "Copy, Scan" and Paste" her and send her back to me.

Now, although this is not a Christian poem in the strictest sense of the word, I do hope that it brought a smile to your lips and perhaps a chuckle or two.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another Daily Thought message for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul

P.S.  Now if someone can find that long-lost friend I miss so much from 30 years or more ago, I would be forever in your debt.  Can't recall her name exactly, but she has green eyes and hazel hair.