[Faith-talk] The battle of Scriptures and the faiths we never knew.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 03:12:56 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

I have critically been occupied in my freshly new teaching job, but I am constantly keen to share some of my recent readings with you.

Many of you may know about me, that I am enthusiastically intrigued to read about and to follow up the Biblical literature, and particularly, what is academically recognized as a distinctly poetic classification of writings within the aforementioned field.

For most English speaking Christians today, the current Bible plainly represents the divine word of God.

Even though it was not first written in English, they still consider it to be the decisively divine scripture.

But how the English Bible was first got into being?

That was not simple nor peaceful either.

For many centuries at the beginning of the Christian era,  the Bible has predominantly  been kept in the possession of the Wromen Catholic Church hierarchy.

It was criminalized as heresy if someone attempted to acquire a Bible without the Church approval.

  Well this is why John Wycliffe was made a heretic.

Who is the man named John Wycliffe?

John Wycliffe was an Oxford Author and Theologian of the middle of the thirteenth century, and he was the first one to think of translating the Holy Bible into Queen English, the Shakespeare English.

In the thirteenth Century of the Anglican  phase, and for the first time in history, John Wycliffe outrageously commenced onto translating the Latin Bible into English.

   Thus, Wycliffe and the lollards began to frankly condemn the Wromen Catholic Church manipulation of the Holy Bible, openly challenging its theocracy and spiritual authorities.

To challenge the Church was quite unrighteous and religiously equal to Challenging God, because it was articulated as a tennet of faith, that the Church represents the heavenly divine will on earth.

Consequently, Wycliffe and the lollards were publicly declared heretics by the Wromen Catholic Church,  their little English Bible was banned from publication, and Wycliffe was executed in public by burning on fire.

This was the commonly practiced penalty of incitement of what was considered heresey at that time.

His book was desecrated in public, it was put on fire by the Church spiritual leaders.

It was the furious battle of religious liberty and political upheaval.

It was the constant strive of enduring the forcefully imposed influence, and the threat of being subjected to enormous religious persecution due to your disobedience to the sanctity of the  Church authorities.

It was all at the hands of God.

I think that English believing Christians today demand to thoroughly study that part of the Biblical history, to just bear witness the heavy cost of endurance that was paid for the English Bible transition  and transcription, to significantly immortalize the  distinct legacy of those noble martyrs who sacrificed themselves for the sake of  transmitting the Bible to you in English, quite delicate and convenient in modern English.

That is what I have got for the time being, peace be with you.