[Faith-talk] Unbelievable

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 20:01:47 UTC 2014

Wise words.

-----Original Message-----
From: Faith-talk [mailto:faith-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of amanie via Faith-talk
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:53 AM
To: Brandon A. Olivares; Faith-talk, for the discussion of faith and religion
Subject: Re: [Faith-talk] Unbelievable

Brandon, I advise you to change your password for the list.
I have never posted here before, but I think that people should stop trying to downplay each other's religions.
We all have different religions and yes we may not agree with some of them, but oh well.
People should learn to deal with the fact that there is never going to be one set opinion or one major agreement on a religion.
Personally I am a Christian, and I believe wholeheartedly and my religion.
But even if I disagree with another one, I have no right to question another person's beliefs or badmouth or downplay their religion.
No one should do that, because it is petty, selfish and uncalled for.
It may also hurt another person's feelings, because the way someone can present their argument towards another religion may make them feel uncomfortable, especially if you're not doing it in a polite manner, and  when you maintain a know it all attitude.
No matter how much you question someone else's religion, that is not going to change what they believe, and less they choose to change their religion on their own.
I can truly say that when people try to question my religion, it makes me stick to my beliefs even more.

I can honestly say that I enjoy the positive inspirational words and daily thought emails.
But when I see a particular name pop up on my email list, I already know just to delete the email Because they always have something negative to say, and I do not appreciate that.
This is a place where we are here to share different faiths and incorporate things about blindness as well.
I never knew that this was a place to debate, try to change, sway, or negatively trash other peoples beliefs and belief systems.
If someone does not agree with your religion, too bad, that is just the way it is and you should honestly get over it.
We cannot change everyone and the one thing that I always can remember is that religion and politics is one thing that people as a whole will never agree on.
Anyway, I apologize for the long winded message.
But it kind of irritates me when there is always so much drama on this list, because I did not subscribe to this list to hear about negative nonsense or for someone to say why certain religions are not real or question if the  facts about a certain religion are credible.
We go by faith, and what I was taught was that it is not just about religion but a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior. So I hope all of you have a blessed day and it will be nice for people to stop being so rude and maintain some decency and order on this list.
Because I am not the only one that is tired of the negativity and drama that occurs on this list.
For the most part we are all grown  adults on here so let's start acting like it and have some respect for each other.
Thank you once again.

Sent from my iPhone