[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Friday, June 13, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:49:52 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you all.  I hope that this finds you well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Well, as I type this, part of a nearby area is under a tornado warning.  Hope it doesn't come near here, and hope that it just remains a warning and not a watch.  Anyway just keep us in your prayers, although perhaps by the time you have read this the weather situation hopefully will have improved.  Anyway thanks for your prayers.

Joyce A. Felske wrote an interesting article about fathers entitled "A Time For Dad," rendered as follows:

As we look into Ch3 of Ecclesiastes, we see we are in a time zone.  There is a time for everything we do on this earth.  There is a time to be born, and there is a time to die.

We did not have a choice for either of these times in our life.  The older we get, the more we think about that last time frame, but in between there is a time for everything else.

Today is a time for us to honor our fathers.  Some of us have wonderful fathers, but others have to struggle to give their fathers the honor due them.

Many of our fathers are living the way Ecclesiastes illustrates life without God.  They work hard and cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.

The sovereignty of God is seen in Ch3.  Whatever God does should make men fear God.  God knows the past, present, and future and requires an account as to how we live.  There is a time for judgment, and we will give an account before God.

We and our fathers are being tested so that we can see that apart from God, we are no better than the animals.  We both will die and return to dust.

If we have fathers who are living outside of the knowledge of God, perhaps we could read them the book of Ecclesiastes and show them how meaningless their life is without God.

Solomon said that God made everything beautiful in its own time.  If a person can know that everything is a gift from his Creator, he can enjoy his work, for God has put eternity in our hearts.  Without God, man cannot have complete satisfaction, so he might as well just rejoice, eat, drink, and enjoy his work, for that is his lot in life.

As we go on in Ecclesiastes 3, we are reminded of our judicial systems today.  Wickedness and iniquity were there just as much as they are for us today.

Injustice is so evident, but we can be assured God will judge.  He is not ignoring what is going on.  There will be a special time when God will bring justice to this earth.

If a person has eternity in his heart and believes God, he will have the real meaning of life.  "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).  Share this with your father today!

And there you have Joyce's article which I hope was a blessing to you.

Well, we now have a calm outside my house, but I don't know if this is just temporary or permanent.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another Daily Thought message and article for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul