[Faith-talk] Following up the responses to my post about theTrinity, and a Skype invitation to be engaged on a live discussion.

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 07:09:12 UTC 2014

Hello brother Mustafa. I appreciate your critical and analytical look at
this as well as your response. Here is a short coming with attempting to
place every aspect of Spiritual or metaphysical truths into logistical
arguments. At some level almost every assertion will fail. If we said the
profit Muhammad manufactured the account of the Koran being given to him and
Josef Smith, the founder of the Mormons also manufactured the account of the
angels bringing him the book of Mormons, what logical argument can
absolutely prove one way or another if the accounts are true or lies? They
are taken by faith and IMO have less validity than the theoretical
components that we rely on to try and understand the Doctrine of the
Trinity. What is logical about God placing the seed of Jesus in Marries
womb, even the account of Adam and Eve isn't provable; it is totally
illogical, Jesus turning water into whine, or calming a raging storm on the
Sea of Galilee, not to mention the feeding of the 5000 with the fish and
loaves of bread. I could go on and on, but I imagine you already have a view
on my line of reasoning that satisfies you and may not relate any of the
comparisons I am making to the trinity valid.

When any Spiritual truth about God, creation and eternity are put forth, the
only logic that can be used will more than likely have to be theoretical. If
I am wrong, don't hesitate to let me no. If any religious belief system was
logical it would be a science and not a faith or religion and there would
only be one logical scientifically proven religion to follow, but every
belief system is founded in truths or lies that have to be taken on 90%
faith. Here is one last thing that I want to mention, a truth doesn't have
to be proven to be a truth. Some truths are evidential facts and some truths
are apriori truths that are self evident and simply stand alone even when we
can't make since out of them. Jesus was still a Prophet even when he couldn't
prove it to the Pharisees or religious leaders, David was still going to be
the king of Israel in spite of the logical circumstances, even when he was
being chased through the hills and wilderness for 12 years he was still
going to be king simply because God said it would be so, so not only is
truth self evident, but it can be a truth because God speaks truth into
reality.  Now what is logical about any of that?

Well, you take care and continue in your great pursuit of truth.