[Faith-talk] REFINEMENT OF THE heart. Faith and Shyness.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Fri May 9 21:27:10 UTC 2014

Dear all, peace be with you.

It is indeed the most substantial factor within the human development.

It is the distinct kernel of our structured complex either temporally or spiritually.

It is the locus of perceptions and intuitions.

Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) taught us that if the heart is refined,  the whole body is refined.

And if the heart is spoilt, the whole body is spoilt.

What contaminates the heart?

Doctors can tell you about multiple diseases which instantaneously impacts the physical side of the heart.

But here, we specifically talk about what contaminates the apparitional part of the heart.

What makes it solicitous and constantly anxious?

In this editorial, we will inshallah prevail to tenaciously  unveil some of the mental diseases of the heart, and what is the best way to properly heal our hearts from their malady.

Faith and shyness, what is the coalescence between them?

What is the proper definition of shyness?

Linguistically, it is the lack of self-confidence.

But in Islamic theology, shyness is the discipline of involving speechlessness and embarrassment resulting from inapposite desire or dishonourable remarks.

Are we sufficiently humble nowadays?

Do we feel ashame for our slips?

    Many people have venturously committed rueful actions whilst having no eggs on their faces.

Islam condemns presumption and it encourages courtesy.

It is narrated in the authentic Hadith that prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) passed by a man whilst he deters his fellow about shyness.

   So he (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said to him;

Leave him alone, shyness is a characteristic of faith.

Shyness is a beautiful quality and it is quite encouraged as a concept in Islam.

Shyness improves the following calibres.

1; It elevates our  comportment and gentleness.

2; It heightens our graceful manners and excellence which leads to better personality.

People have enormously depressed their morality to such remorseful degrees.

The main reason for that is the plain defficiency of our compunction which naturally leads to what I define as the global ethical crisis.

People are quite concerned of our global financial crisis but, do we even care about the ethical downtrend worldwide?

The subject of my Email was the topic of the Friday preaching where I prayed today.

I would like to hear your perspective though.

Do you consider the moral of shyness as highly regarded as Islam does?

Do you think that people are less shy nowadays?

Shyness is the most avid excellence of Islam.

I never heard of anybody who speaks against shyness unless he  mongers  its opposite.

  I knew some girls who think of shyness as an old fashon attitude.

Well, it is absolutely up to them.

I do not own the version of liberty that declines shyness and it embraces presumption.

I do not own the freedom that is based on the culture of promiscuity.

I hope that it was brief and useful.

In the meantime, and until I render another post inshallah, stay blessedly in the grace of Allah.

Peace be with you.