[Faith-talk] Questioning Our Beliefs

debby phillips via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 12:35:41 UTC 2014

I do not think that it is wrong to express beliefs, I think that
it is also important for us to reach out in friendship to others
who do not believe in or acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and
Savior.  I will stand up for what I believe, but I absolutely
will not bully people nor condemn people.  It is not my job, or
any of ours, to condemn anyone.  We plant seeds, pray, and give
people freedom to make their own decisions, and allow God to work
in people's hearts.  We need to share this as Good News, not
something we beat people over the head with.  I would like to be
like Mother Teresa, who showed love to the poorest and sickest
people and did not hesitate to do so.  I know that I'm not like
her-I cringe at the smell of some people who get on the bus I
ride sometimes.  So I know that I have not reached that point.

One of my young friends told me that one of the reasons she and
others her age are turned off by Christianity is that we
Christians seem to be all about judging, not loving people.  That
doesn't mean that we have to accept everything but if we would
and could try and understand and maybe try and walk in other
people's skin a little, maybe we could reach the world for
Christ.

Well, I'll get off my soapbox now, and go back to lurking.
God's peace,    Debby