[Faith-talk] Christianity in review.

Doris and Chris via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 18:00:21 UTC 2014

hey, little brother, *smile*

we have been praying for you that God lead you and guide you in your
quest for answers.

Christian theologians and text critics about the authenticity and
canonization of scripture.

The difference between protestant, catholic and orthodox canons comes
from the different backgrounds of each group. The original Hebrew
canon of hebrew scriptures consisted of 66 books. sgreek-speaking
jews had a canon consisting of 72 books. when the catholic canon was
established, they adopted that of the greekspeaking jews of the
septuagint Bible also used by the orthodox churches. A thousand years
later, Luther and the other protestant reformers went back to the
original Hebrew canon of 39 books.

The new testament canon was adopted in the 4th century a.d. and
consisted of  27 books tho some debate over additional books like the
letters of clement and some debatestill persists by some Christian
churches, some in your own country. *smile*

The Old and new testament scriptures say nothing about the Koran
because it was written and canonized several centuries later. I am
still waiting to hear your opinion on Lalahl Bagdir's translation of the Quran.

God bless,

Dois in Lutherland