[Faith-talk] Prayer Request

Paul via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 21 10:52:55 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to all on this list.  Paul here in Baltimore with a personal prayer request, something that normally I don't post on any list because of the biblical mandate found in Philippians 2:1-4 which essentially states to put others ahead of you instead of yourself being first.  But this time I come to you, along with other prayer warriors on various lists.

This morning, between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., I'll be taking part in a research study at the Neuroplasticity Clinic of the Johns Hopkins Hospital's Kennedy-Krieger Institute, analyzing how blind and sighted peoples' brains process information.  As part of this study, I'll be going through an MRI scan, something I've not done before.  Although I'm excited to be chosen to take part in this research study, I'm a bit apprehensive about the scan, as I've not had one previously.  So please pray that God, in His way, will and time, will lessen the slight apprehension that I feel.  Other people say that it will go smoothly, but how can they say such a thing when they don't really know me other than via emails and voice, whether in an audio chatroom or over the phone? Anyway thanks for your prayers, and if there is anyone interested in hearing my reactions to the research study, please let me know _privately at oilofgladness47 at gmail.com, as such information probably would not be germane or appropriate to this list.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul