[Faith-talk] the blind jesus

justin williams via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 23 16:33:07 UTC 2014

I have met a lot of blind people who have had many of those feelings.  I
have had several of those things happen to me, but I always had the
confidence and will to find another path, or another group of people, even
if it meant leaving a particular church or group.  I have been in and out of
many a church for just such reasons; now, I don't even go anymore.  I do no
what it is like to be ignored, and not included in the unscheduled group
gatherings, or in some of the scheduled ones.  I have asked for rides to
lunch only to be ignored.  I have had transportation problems a plenty.  I
just left the situation and did something else; my identity is not tied up
in a church.