[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Friday, May 23, 2014

Paul via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 23 21:26:07 UTC 2014

Hello to all of you on this Friday or, for a few of you, an early Saturday morning.  Wonder what your activities for what is called the weekend will be? (I say "what is called" the weekend because, as we all probably know, Sunday is the first day of the week, leaving only one day to call "the weekend," and that is Saturday.  Oh well, I won't go around splitting hairs over this one).  Anyway I hope that, other than Sunday when we corporately worship God, that we will give at least a thought or two to Him.  After all, we accepted Him as our personal Lord and Savior, so why not say a cheery and a Hearty "hello" to Him every now and then.

How many of you good people like poetry once in a while? Well, I do, and for my fellow poetry lovers here's a seasonal poem for you.  It's called "God's Garden" and was written by Myrtie Fisher Seaverns who went home to be with her Lord about a month ago at age 98.  She was a fellow member of the Baltimore chapter of the Christian Poetry Society, an organization to which I belong.  Her contribution is rendered as follows:

When the wise God planted His garden,
Scattering the seeds from above,
The choicest seed in His packet
Was the flower of mother love.

Carefully watched over and tended,
Nurtured by sunshine and shower,
Ever growing sturdy and stronger,
It blooms, a beautiful flower.

A flower so sweet and entrancing,
Dazzling and shining and white,
A love that guards us and guides us
Though life, our beacon light.

A love that steadies our footsteps,
That stretches a helpful hand,
That comforts our sorrows and heartaches,
That always will understand.

Mother love, God's gift to His children,
With heavenly fragrance fraught,
The brightest flower in God's garden,
His truest forget-me-not.

And there you have a poem by the late Myrtie Fisher Seaverns which I hope was a blessing to you.  She was not what you would call a prolific writer like the late Helen Steiner Rice originally from Lorraine, Ohio, some 30 miles west of Cleveland, but what she wrote was very descriptive, as hopefully you who are totally blind could pick up on.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another Daily Thought message for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul