[Faith-talk] The Bible and the Law.

debby phillips via Faith-talk faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 03:20:35 UTC 2014

Hi! Well, you make some interesting points.  First of all, in the
Acts of the Apostles, Peter has a vision where he is told to eat
of all that is shone him.  (I'm paraphrasing).  He says, I can't
do that, I've never eaten anything unclean.  He has the vision a
couple more times.  Then Peter is told by the Lord that there are
people waiting for him, Gentiles.  At that time, Jews were not
supposed to even enter the house of a Gentile.  Then, as Paul
begins preaching to the Gentiles, it comes down to the first
Church Council and the decision is that Gentiles do not need to
follow Jewish law, dietary or otherwise.  You can head all of
this in Chapter 15 of Acts, also in Galatians where Paul tells
the Gentiles not to let the Judaizers, (that is, those Jewish
Christians who think that they need to make all Christians follow
Jewish Law) from destroying them.  That's the beginning, I would
say.  I'm sure POPPA Bear or someone will articulate this much
better.    Peace,    Debby