[Faith-talk] 9/9/14 Daily Thought and Answer to Sunday's Bible Trivia Quiz Question

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:10:08 UTC 2014

Hello and good day to you all.  I hope that, as you read this, that you are all doing well today.

Before I forget it (and I'm more likely to do that than anything else), here is the answer to Sunday's weekly Bible quiz question.  It is Psalm 28.  Now, before you forget it after reading this message, of course, if possible, get your Bible in your preferred version and method of reading/listening and go through Psalm 28, and you will see how the poem harmonizes with the Scripture passage cited.

There is no author given for this somewhat short article, but it is entitled "Autumn Glory," rendered as follows:

Here in September, we are approaching the sunset of the year.  As the light of the falling sun dims into red, pink, and golden hues, one cannot help but think of the fleeting year.  Autumn has pushed another summer into the archives of time.  Now is an ideal moment to take stock of summer's gifts, to dream of the past, and to relish the moment at hand.

Each year autumn seems to come as something of a surprise.  But around the corner, a glorious performance lies for all the senses to behold.  The beautiful colors have already begun to appear.  Sumac, bittersweet, and woodbine lead the footsteps of fall.  Soon the brilliant hues of brightly colored leaves will spread across the mountains, valleys, and foothills.

In these precious hills, the berries of the dogwood and black alder sparkle as they march in harmony to the accompaniment of autumn's songs and sounds.  I listen to the tremolo of the chipmunks as they busy themselves along the old stone walls.  Bird-songs are also abundant in these sunlit days, songs of migrating birds and of those birds that will remain throughout the winter.

The wildflower's blossoms will be with us until the first heavy frost nips the grass and blooms.  Until then, I never fail to take in the loveliness of the goldenrod and morning glory, the charm of the wild sunflowers and Queen Anne's lace, the beauty of the asters.

In all of autumn's marvelous displays, I see the handiwork of the Creator.  Experiencing the beauty of the season strengthens my faith and gives me hope and trust and confidence in the glorious cycle of life.

And there you have it, a wonderful descriptive nature article by a person who wishes to remain anonymous to me and to you, but he/she is not anonymous to God.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, there will be another daily thought article tomorrow.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul