[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Monday, September 8, 2014

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:43:12 UTC 2014

Hello and good Monday to most of you as this is being written, but for you in Australia and New Zealand it's already Tuesday morning.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you are all doing well.

The author of this article is not given, but it's entitled "Don't Miss the Train," rendered as follows:

Have you ever run to catch a subway train as it came rolling into the station? You are on one level and the train is on another level.  You know you should have allowed sufficient time to get to work.  You toss your fare into the box and run to catch the train.  You know it's there, because you heard it rumbling into the station.  You only have a few more stairs to go down, but as soon as you reach the level, the train rolls away.

Oh! What a letdown.  You miss the train.  You say to yourself, "I'll be late for work again." Right then and there, you promise yourself to rise earlier the next day to catch the train.  Sound familiar?

That's the way most of our lives are.  We miss the train.  We miss the mark, just as we miss all the blessings of life.

Everybody knows that there is a God; the mystery is how to get to Him.  All the good things we need for our lives come from our Savior Jesus Christ.  Therefore, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

We promise ourselves each day to make the decision to accept Him into our hearts and lives, but when it comes down to actually doing so, we postpone it.  One day we find ourselves in the 40's, 50's, even 60's, and we are alarmed to find out we haven't done too much changing over the years.  We are still late; we still miss the mark and are still frustrated.  We become despondent, stressful, worried, and whom do we blame? God.  Don't blame Him; blame yourself.  He was there all the time, the One who keeps you alive with the breath of life in your body.  Why blame Him? He is waiting, gently knocking at the door of your heart, almost begging to come in.  "Behold, I stand at the door and knock:  if any man hear My voice and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and he with Me" (Rev. 3:20).

Remember how badly you felt when you missed the train? In your mind, you would have done almost anything to push through the doors of the train; you would have even pushed someone aside who was also waiting.

When you push someone aside, You should say, "I'm sorry." Well, that is what Jesus wants you to say to Him, that you are sorry for your actions in your life up to now.  We know that our sinful nature has caused these actions.  Tell God that you want to change.  He will willingly accept you into His family to inherit all the blessings here on earth and in heaven.

There is only one way to get to heaven.  Jesus is the answer.  He said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Will you miss this opportunity? Turn to God in prayer right now.  Do not miss all that He would like to give you.  HE LOVES YOU.

And there you have today's Daily Thought article which I know was somewhat elementary to most of us, but perhaps you know someone who would benefit from reading it, especially if he/she has not accepted Jesus into his/her heart and life.  Now that would be fantastic if you would share it with your unsaved friends and, who knows, because you took an interest in them, the Lord just might draw them to Himself.  Try it.  It just might save a life from eternal hell and damnation to an eternal heaven.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be another daily thought article for you.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul