[Faith-talk] confronting someone who hurt you-smart move?

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:11:35 UTC 2015

Hi All,
So as the title implies I was wondering about your thoughts on
confronting someone who hurt you to get some closure.  I
understand that this does not have to do with God directly but I
feel that it does in a way.
A bit of background without getting too far into detail: I had a
1 on 1 for school for 5 years starting in sixth grade, and for
the first three years everything was fine and he was almost like
another member of the family.  Then he seemed to change and would
get mad at me for getting lost (I'm working on my O and M) and
would sometimes swear too.  But I talked to my parents and no
longer have had to work with him and barely ever see him.  But
because it was just verbal, nobody could prove anything, so only
a very select few people, including my parents and God, know or
care.  Everyone else seems to think that he is wonderful.
I have not had a full-on conversation with him in two years.  As
silly as it sounds, I don't like the fact that someone who
thought of me very highly can just ignore me and feel okay about
it.  There are things I want to tell him too.  Like how he may
not have realized it, that he was such a jerk, and that I still
sometimes have bad dreams about him.  I know that he may not care
and probably won't apologize, but part of me thinks that if there
is anything like a sliver of how he used to be, he would be
horrified to know the after-effects of what he did to me.  And
part of me hopes that maybe he'll feel a little bit guilty, even
if just in his head.  I guess I'd also rather have some sort of
closure, even if he said "I will continue to stand by what I did"
rather than just  walking past each other and pretending that we
neither know nor care who each other is.
I would be greatful for any thoughts on whether or not you think
I should confriendnnt him.
Thank you in advance.
Vejas