[Faith-talk] thank you all

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:16:11 UTC 2015

Perhaps you just need distance.  I'm going to tell you about
something that happened to me recently, and I'll try not to be
too long-winded.  It's still a bit emotionally raw for me, and
has not been resolved.  My husband's brother's wife and I have
had a rocky relationship.  I think it's perhaps that in some ways
we are alike, so we butt heads.  Or we are so opposite, maybe? I
don't know.  Anyway, we were dealing with some issues regarding
our mother-in-law, and I asked a question that obviously she
didn't like.  Now, I thought that it was a good question, and one
that needed to be asked.  Now my husband who was observing all of
this told me that as soon as I asked the question her body
language changed, and she became angry.  We both said things that
we shouldn't have said, and when I tried to walk away, she made
one last comment, which made me so angry that I really lost it.
That led to some very nasty emails.  Did I act in a Christian
way? No.  But for now, there is really nothing I can do to fix
it.  I don't know if I ever will be able to.  I am very sorry
about what happened, and wish that things could be different.
But they can't.  Not yet anyway.  Sometimes we need time and
distance.  My guess is that you'll meet some time, maybe years
from now, and things will be better.    Blessings,    Debby