[Faith-talk] thank you all

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 17:28:42 UTC 2015

Hello Debbi, I have had something like that happen to me as well over the
last two months. My mother in law has not been happy about the way that her
grandson, my 17 year old step son is being raised. He has been kicked out of
almost every school he has ever attended and when he has attempted to live
with other family members including her, his grandma he was even kicked out
after a couple months. Well we ended up having a long talk and she basically
became hysterical and started making completely insane accusations against
me and started bringing up my past life from almost 20 years ago when I was
not much older than him. I wasn't even part of the family then, but she just
slammed me over and over and it hurt so much. I didn't even try to defend
myself or bring up her past of being an alcoholic or how she allowed her
children to be abused by their step father, I just tried to be calm because
the whole interaction was so painful to me. Her words cut me like knives, I
felt that we were really close.
We haven't talked since then, not even at family events. I can tell that her
husband was really hurt by the way she acted as well, but he wouldn't dare
to try and defend me at that point. I am trying to give it time and just let
God's will be done in the matter. For a while I would be laying in bed and I
could feel my heart racing when I thought about the stuff she had said to me
because it hurt so bad, but I just kept giving it over to God and now it is
much more bearable. I hope that over time you will find the needed closure
to be able to move on.