[Faith-talk] Convention Services

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue Dec 1 03:45:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

There are Catholic masses, Mormon and Jewish services, as a rule. The
division which sponsors this list facilitates what's called
"Devotions" before morning General Sessions, of which there are
three. There are many denominations represented there, so not
everyone will like every service style. NFB members, usually pastors,
give the messages, and all are based on the Bible. None of the styles
are what I prefer, but I love to worship God, and it's a great start
to convention session mornings. We don't pick songs from any
particular denomination, and I'm sorry if people don't always know
them. It doesn't hurt us to learn new songs, and then they will no
longer be unknown.

I don't know what will happen at the 2016 convention. Sunday is the
first day of General Sessions, so there will be no way to fit in a
Protestant service, except for the regularly-scheduled Devotions. We
have not been able to schedule Sunday services for two reasons: if
it's the first day, following Seminar Day, we can't schedule a
service because many have to work in the Exhibit Hall. Also, the
agenda is so full now that there isn't room for much more. Hotels
don't have pianos anymore, so we have to share the Center's keyboard,
which they graciously bring on the truck for us to use.

If you have furthere questions concerning National Convention faith
events sponsored by NABCF, please contact our President, Tom
Anderson: tanderson81452 at gmail.com or 303-842-9661. He plans
Devotions and our annual division meeting.

As to your state conventions, step up to the plate yourselves, and
offer to do devotions. I did when I lived in Wisconsin. Those of you
who wish something could happen on the state level need to be
proactive. Don't expect someone else to do it. Maybe no one has ever
expressed an interest, and you may start a new tradition at your
state conventions.

I hope this helps. You may also contact me.

Blessings,

Linda Mentink, NABCF Secretary