[Faith-talk] update on my friend Nick, and answer for Vejas

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 14:57:04 UTC 2015

Dear list,
I have an update on Nick, but it's not much.  I already have spoken to
the national office in the NFB and Idk what will happen from there.
I've been told by his friend in Iowa to stop this mess, but for one, I
can't.  It's like telling the police not to fine a kennel operator
thousands for mistreating puppies when he says he didn't. I'll tell you
what I mean.  Michael Wolfe and Gordone Trotiex along with a lady called
Margaret Hills mistreated hundreds of small dogs in a puppy mill, and
they refused fines or punishment.  Dog wardens came knocking and yet the
inspections came back fine.  However, a humane society officer was
tipped off about "that place".  For more, go to the Bard site and pick
up "Saving Gracie: How One Dog Escaped the Shadowy World of American
Puppy Mills."  It's by Carol Bradley. She has dogs too.
Anyway, Nick is something above the pups in a puppy mill.  Maybe we
should be writing a book about how group home care and guardianship are
America's shameful secrets.  Nick didn't make a choice to go to Crest,
where he is living currently.  That's for Vejas.  He could go to a home
with friends in Des Moines.  I'm thinking maybe my friend Jason, who is
blind, and his wife is sighted, but she knows Jason is capable and
stuff.  Jason and his wife are really cool, and I've known them for a
bit, but my impression of him is he's capable.
Anyhow, Nick is still being held, and the petition was edited so the
letter says what it should say, give his stuff back or else.  I didn't
threaten, but I need more signatories to it.  So I'd advise the NFB and
the rest of the community to sign the petition.  Anyone who signs it
will make a huge difference, that's what I must say.
Thank you.
Beth

--
Check out my Wordpress blog: denverqueen.wordpress.com or you can reach me by skype at denverqueen0920