[Faith-talk] guilt

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:47:30 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have a question for you all.  You have given me great insight
about forgiveness.
I know it is normal that when you do something wrong or hurt
someone's feelings, you feel guilty.  However, I think that at
times I can feel Too guilty.  I am not a perfect person and am
not boasting, but I actually think that this is unhealthy.
The best example I can give is that awhile back we had a test,
and my friend told me what was on the test without me even
asking.  She was just trying to be helpful, but I saw that the
test was really similar to what she had told me about.  So even
though I didn't get into that much trouble, and was told how it
was good that I was honest, my friend had more serious
consequences, and I felt horrible that I put her in this
situation and told my teacher about the test to save myself.
Meanwhile, she had no idea that it was me.  I spent a much longer
time than I probably should have mulling over this situation and
how bad I felt, even thou people said it wasn't my fault.
I don't like hurting anyone's feelings, to the point that I won't
always speak up for how someone can better help me so that I
don't make them feel bad.
So my question is, has anyone had a problem where they feel bad
when they've inconvenience anyone at all, or obsess over
situations too much? What did you do to stop yourself from
obsessing over things? I hope that I'm making sense.
Vejas I'