[Faith-talk] family problems

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 03:15:28 UTC 2015

Gosh, I've been there, done that, don't wanna go there again.  Parental
problems for me are all over the phone.  I don't normally post here, but
Andrew, when I read your email, it was like, kerplunk, it sort of
connected right there. Parents are not all bad, but some don't get it.
There is one of Dr. Phil's old Life Laws, either you get it, or you
don't.  I think Dr. Phil's book is on Bard for those interested. :)
Also, you might have to go to the nearest service for the blind in
Canada and since I've seen a few Canadians come here to CCB and stuff
for training, it might be a good option.  Louisiana's also good, but the
town is a bit different.  Minnesota I've heard good stuff about.
Beth

On 6/1/2015 9:02 PM, andrew edgcumbe via Faith-talk wrote:
> Hi all i hope and trust that things are going well for you all.  I am just
> struggling with things here and things and dealing with my parents.
>
>   this happened a month ago in april this happened. but anyway my parents
> and i got into bit of a cafuffal and things. i got bit jumpy or whatever
> but that is all but anyway my dad all of a sudden tells me to get out of
> the room very sternly. anyway i did not leave the room but anyway he then
> threatened to call the police on me. i still did not leave the room until
> he said he ment what he said about that threat. this was couple hours
> before i was going out with a close friend. but anyway when she came just
> before we left my mom said my dad wanted to talk to my friend. We just told
> her we did not have time to talk and we left she said she had a gut
> instinct that something was not right or was going to happen or something
> like that before she got to my place i was just pretty scared my friend
> said she couldn't blame me for being scared as she would be to if that was
> said to her. I felt everything from a evil presence to anything else in
> that house. My dad can be the type who does raise his voice and shut people
> down instead of listening to them things like that. I been babied and
> things by my parents and things. my dad treats me like a kid just his tone
> of voice when he asks things do you know what a porcky pine is for example
> it was like he tells me stuff i already know. my parents tend to treat me
> like i have a disability and things i will state here that i don't consider
> blindness a disability only an impairment. but my parents treat me like i
> can't do anything and things like that he tends to concentrate on blindness
> both parents do that is and does not think on the abilities. my parents are
> just very controlling when it comes to these things and it just gets me
> down and things. he has said to me when i told him to stop treat me like a
> blind man his return fraise is this well you are blind and things like
> that. again i don't consider blindness a disability i consider it an
> impairment only. i just end up feeling very discouraged and feeling down
> and things like that. i end up feeling hopless and i feel like i am very
> iceolated and i feel very trapped at home as i am not aloud to do what i
> want to do and things. i just am very tired of my parents in fact i feel
> down because of being so trapped and things. my parents don't listen or
> anything to me and when i tell somebody mom or dad how i feel they snap
> back at me very quickly that is why i can't go to them.  I really need to
> move out and things like that.   One thing parents never taught me is
> banking for example.  stuff i should have known before now.

Check out my Wordpress blog: denverqueen.wordpress.com or you can reach me by skype at denverqueen0920