[Faith-talk] Quotes for Saturday, August 6, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sat Aug 6 11:48:04 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on a Saturday.  Of course as this
message is being written it's almost the end of your Saturday in New
Zealand and going into your Lord's Day.  Whatever day it is in your
part of the world, I hope it's a good one, by God's matchless grace and
His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

The self-hatred that destroys is a waste of unfulfilled promise.  Moss
Hart, American playwright and director, 1904-1961

Getting knocked down in life is a given.  Getting up and moving forward
is always a choice.

And there you have the two quotes for today.  Don't forget that, later
in this space will be the weekly post from Tim Smith from the Museum of
the Bible.  Although it may seem impossible, I'd like to meet one or
two of you who may happen to live fairly close to Washington DC on the
occasion of the dedication of this museum.  By all accounts it promises
to be an awesome event, at least for those who can attend.  Hopefully
it will be carried on major Christian radio and TV networks.  The event
is scheduled to take place sometime in November of 2017.  I can't wait,
although I must.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more
quotes will be posted, I am your obedient servant of the One who lived
an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives
forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.