[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Trivia Game Poem for Sunday, August 7, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Aug 7 16:37:10 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this Lord's Day, at least it's that
day for most of you as this message is being written, by God's
matchless grace and His providential care.  I hope that your day is going well.

Now here's one that should be easy to figure out unless, of course, you
just got yourself your very first Bible and can't distinguish between 1
Timothy and II Chronicles.  I'll expect many correct answers to this
one.  Every time I write these up, I'm always amazed how the Lord used
Alvy Ford to write such clever but succinct poems.  Let's see how you
do with this one, based on a book and chapter from the New Testament.

Jesus finds one who was blind from his birth,
Touches his eyes with an ointment of earth,
Sends him to wash in the pool of Siloam;
Blind man is healed, and the Pharisees foam.

Well now you have it.  You see how easy this one was? However next week
will tell a different story.

And that will do it for today.  Until next Sunday when, Lord willing
our Bible trivia poem will come from the Old Testament, may the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul