[Faith-talk] 8/7/16 Quotes, and a Praise Report

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Aug 7 10:20:45 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this Lord's Day, at least it's that
for us all as this message is being written.  I hope that your day is
going well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Let me start with the praise report.  You all might think this foolish,
but at about 1:30 this morning the Lord told me to rise from bed and to
try on some pants that I hadn't been able to wear comfortably for the
past three years.  Many of you know that I've been taking a weight loss
herbal supplement since the beginning of April of this year.  Well,
wonder of wonders, the pants fit perfectly, and not only that, but
another pair that I couldn't wear previously also fit.  I said above
the words "three years." It was then that I went to WalMart to get some
larger pants as these wouldn't fit, and now I can put the ones bought
there in storage.  My tenant Michelle at the time asked me if I was
going to sell these pants, and I said no.  Anyway all praise, honor and
glory go to our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  And yes, I'm
wearing these to church today.

And now for today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and
reflection.

Well done is quickly done.  Caesar Augustus, Roman emperor (quote
compiler's comment:  Wonder if this was the same guy who took the
census as recorded in the Gospel of Luke? If so, maybe that particular
census was done in a hurry.  Well done is not quickly done, in my
opinion, as what you are doing may not be done completely).

You can't keep blaming yourself.  Just blame yourself once and move on.
Homer Simpson

And there yuo have today's quotes and the praise report.  Don't forget
that, later on in this space will be the weekly Bible trivia game poem,
then from the New Testament.  You astute Bible students should get this
one all right, at least I hope you can.

Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes and news tidbits will be
posted or until later today when the weekly Bible trivia game poem will
be posted, I am your obedient servant of th One who lived an earthly
existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to
bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.