[Faith-talk] Quotes for Saturday, August 20, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sat Aug 20 12:55:32 UTC 2016

Hello and good day to you all on a Saturday as this message is being
written except, of course, you in New Zealand where it's already your
Lord's Day.  I hope that each of us is having a good day, by God's
matchless grace and His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.  Lao Tsu

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what
I am saying.  Oscar Wilde

And there you have the quotes, but, although not in the subject line,
I've a praise report for you.

Last evening at our local Christian singles fellowship a sighted lady,
Diane by name, said that she would volunteer to take me to and from
another Christian singles venue outside my paratransit service area.
I've not been back there for over four years, so this will be a treat.
Diane told me that years ago she worked in an elementary school only
three blocks from where I live, so she pretty much knows where I live.
Am looking forward to this tomorrow evening.

And that will do for now, but don't forget that later today, Lord
willing there will be another post from Tim Smith, director of
development at the Museum of the Bible projected to open in November
2017 in Washington, DC.  Personally I can't wait, as I'm going to make
every effort, God helping me, to get there for the dedication.  Until
then I am your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly
existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to
bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.