[Faith-talk] Quotes for Sunday, August 21, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Aug 21 10:44:25 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this Lord's Day.  I hope that your
day is going well, whether it's at its beginning, middle or end as this
message is being written.

Here are today's quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because
reality is finally better than your dreams.  Dr. Seuss, a.k.a. Theodore Geisel

I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today.  James
Joyce, 1882-1941

And there you have today's quotes.  Hope you enjoyed reading them.

Later on this morning three of us from the Baltimore Lutheran Outreach
Center of the Blind are going to another LCMS congregation, not our
host one, for a fundraiser for our organization.  The undersigned is
going to bring some Braille alphabet cards with a Bible verse on each
of them, and as to what Charles, Carol and Mary bring I don't know.
Please pray that the fundraiser goes well, as God leads the
congregation to give willingly.  We're also having an ice cream social
with hot dogs for something for all of us to consume.

And that will do for today.  Before I close, however, I'd like to pray
for us who have yet to go to our respective houses of worship.  I pray
that we and our fellow congregants will get a good word from the Lord
as imparted to us by our pastors and/or Sunday School teachers, and
with that word firmly implanted in our hearts, minds and souls, I pray
that we will apply the same to our individual lives as the gracious
Holy Spirit enables.

Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be posted or until
later today when the weekly Bible trivia game will be sent, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay
for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation
and peace, Oil of Gladness.