[Faith-talk] A Cup of Tea

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Aug 26 18:59:39 UTC 2016

Today I'm giving you a somewhat nostalgic poem that I wrote over 40
years ago, just to test the waters of a poetry competition.  My effort
then received an "honorable mention," for which I was very surprised.
I read it this morning over the facilities of the Radio Reading
Network.  Here it is, and although it was a personal recollection, I
hope you enjoy it.

When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea
Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.

There is sweetness in its fragrance,
There is solace in its taste;
And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.

And the world becomes a lovely thing!
There's beauty as you'll see,
All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.

Not much, I know, but it expressed how I felt at the time.  Again I
hope you enjoyed it.  Don't forget that tomorrow in this space will be
the latest email from Tim Smith of the Museum of the Bible in
Washington DC.  Until then or until you read tomorrow's quotes, Lord
willing, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe,
individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.
Your Christian friend and brother, Paul