[Faith-talk] 8/28/16 Quotes and a Prayer Request

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Aug 28 10:37:59 UTC 2016

Hello and good Lord's Day to you all as this message is being written.
I hope that today is a good one for you, and if you read this message
before you venture out to your respective houses of worship, that your
time with the Lord and your fellow congregants will be a good one, by
God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Timely words are works of art.

Now we see Jesus in the Bible, but then face to face.

And there you have today's quotes.  Don't forget that, later on for you
astute Bible students, that later on will be the weekly Bible trivia
game poem for you.

OK, here's the prayer request.  I don't usually post such things for
myself, governing my actions here to what it says in Philippians 2:3-4
which says to consider the needs and interests above your own, but I
think I'm on the last straw here.

I am considering changing churches from a Calvary Chapel congregation
to another one because something is missing in my spiritual life and
walk with God, mainly because the only time we meet is Sunday morning
and Wednesday night Bible study.  But beyond that it would appear that
the small 15-member adult church membership seems to treat me as if I
don't exist.  Oh yes, I know there are two sides to a story, but this
has been going on for over a year.  Don't want to get into specific
details about the situation on multiple email lists.  I asked two
outsiders what I should do.  One of them said to flat out say that I'm
leaving and to state the reason why, while the other person said not to
say anything and wait for any response to individual congregants.  I'm
tending toward the latter, because the former sounds too blunt.  Am
going to this church service this morning.  Anyway please pray that the
Lord would lead me in the direction that He would want me to go, rather
than where I want to go.  On my behalf thanks for your prayers and
individual messages, as they will be taken seriously under advisement.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes and hopefully
news tidbits will be posted, I am your obedient servant of the One who
lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now
lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.