[Faith-talk] All things working together for good

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:41:40 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Even as a child, before I became a Christian, I prayed and had faith that
God would get me out of the country where I could not be independent. One
day, Someone from Columbus, the Capitol of my state of Ohio called the
regular public school I was in and asked them if they had someone disabled
at their school. The state rehab was just calling public schools at random,
they said. Well, my school in the country told them about me. Someone came
up to my little town and really got on the school to pay for cane mobility
lessons for me, and my good grades allowed the state to pay my tuition to go
to The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. While at Ohio State, I
learned about every kind of assistive technology out there. My professors
did not know how to teach me, so I prayed again, not a Christian yet, and
the NFB Stepped in because I was talking to a blind person on campus. He was
a member totally by accident, or was it? The NFB worked with my professors,
and The NFB sent me to a training center where I was traveling around a
large city by myself, I was cooking all of my meals, using the latest
technology out there like the Optacon. This was in the 80s, and the Optacon
was like no other technology invented. I became a Christian, I had many many
people cross my path at Ohio State who helped me see the full truth of the
Bible so I could obey the saving message of Jesus and come to him and have
my sins washed clean. People constantly told me that I was like everyone
else, and I was not like any other blind person they ever met. I received my
degree in Mathematics. When I was little, and my parents told me I would
have to live with them the rest of my life, I always thought about how I can
do math in my head, and that might get me somewhere, but I had no idea how.
So, here I am with a BS in mathematics, and nobody would hier me. I just
happened to meet someone in a restaurant with a math tutoring business for
the blind. I tutored there for a few years, and then I started my own
business of tutoring mathematics with the help of people that came out of no
where. Keep in mind, that I had developed a very strong one on one, intimate
relationship with Jesus, where he talked to me, and I talked with him. I
would get on my knees every night about a wife. Well, listen to this. I
played a bible trivia show on the radio. A hoast asked Bible questions, and
people could call in and answer them. Well, one night, Traci, my feuture
wife, could not sleep, and she began turning the radio dile. She heard my
voice of me calling into this show, and she stopped turning the dial,
because she really thought my voice was special and that I might be the
Christian husband she had been looking for for years. Well, she had no idea
where I was located, or how she would get a hold of me. Three months later,
her car broke down, and she had to ride the Columbus public bus for the
first time in her life. She had to ride the bus clear to the other end of
town where I lived. Well, I was with a friend, and we let two buses go by,
because he wanted to finish his coffee. We got on the third bus, and that
was the bus Traci was on clear on the other end of the city from where she
lived. She heard my voice as I talked with my friend, and she knew that I
was the guy from the radio. She moved across from me, and she asked me if I
was David from the radio show. I was, of course, and she had just moved, and
she did not have a phone yet. I gave her my phone number not expecting her
to call, because no women did who I gave my number to. She did call, and we
talked for 9 hours the first time we talked. We were married in four years.
She is sighted, is a great driver, she totally forgets that I am blind and
hands me stuff to read LOL! She sees me as a real man who can provide for
her and keep her safe. Again, her name is Traci, and her relationship with
Jesus is as strong or stronger than mine. The Lord has allowed us to be
taken through trials that you cannot imagine, and the Lord has gotten us
through them all. We have been able to encourage more and more people
through our faith. Her father died right before we were married, Her nephew
killed himself at 22, I had panic attacks and bad OCD for the first 7 years
of our marriage, and now, I am totally healed, and on and on. We have trials
everyday, and Jesus gets us through all of them., and people walk up to
Traci and I, total strangers, and tell us that they see real peace in us. We
have helped so many people because of what we have been through. I have so
many sighted friends who never bring up my blindness, because they forget
about it. I run around the city, some days, without a cane. It is as though
my feet know where to step. I can walk into a strange building, and find my
way, almost like I have been there before. Jesus and I talk everyday, and I
ask him to show me the purpose he has for my life everyday. I hope this
encourages every blind person out there, because I am human proof that your
blindness does not have to stop you from living a total normal life. I have
a MA in mathematics education, and my academic advisor thought I could not
get through the program. I have proven everyone wrong about what they
thought I could not do. The Lord has caused me and has given me his power to
do the impossible. You and every blind person out there can have the same
quality of life. I love being blind. I really love it, because it hasn't
stopped me in any way, and I can encourage so many people just by walking
down the street and talking to them. So many people have been incouraged by
my blindness. God has been able to use me much more being blind, than if I
was sighted. God bless, all,
David Moore