[Faith-talk] Heart of Friendship

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Aug 30 17:22:07 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to most of you for the second time on this last
Tuesday in August.  Hope you all are doing well today, by God's
matchless grace and His providential care.

After today's poem I have an announcement that may be of interest to
some, if not all, of you.  I would simply request that you pass this
announcement to your friends and acquaintances who don't have a
computer but would like to listen and/or participate, if they have a
desire to do so.  But first the poem whose title you read as the subject line.

True friendship isn't seen with the eyes,
It is felt with the heart.
When there is trust, understanding,
Loyalty, and sharing ...

True friendship is a rare feeling,
But when it is found
It has profound impact on
Our well-being, strength, and character.

True friendship does not need
Elaborate gifts or spectacular events
In order to be valuable or valued.

To ensure long-lasting
Quality and satisfaction,
True friendship only needs
A few key ingredients:

Undying loyalty, unmatched understanding,
Unsurpassed trust, deep and soulful secrets,
And endless sharing.

These ingredients,
Mixed with personality and a sense of humor,
Can make a friendship last a lifetime!

This is just a thank you, my friend,
For all the wonderful and colorful
Special ingredients
You've brought to my life!

And there you have today's poem.  I don't know about you, but I'd sure
like to "touch base" with the author of this contribution, because
he/she expressed in words what I'm unable to do.

To make it easier for you to pass on my announcement, hopefully, I will
place it in the next paragraph.

Beginning next Tuesday, September 6 from 4-5 PM eastern time, the
undersigned will be taking this hour to present his God-led radio
program called "This and That," basically a program consisting of
encouraging, uplifting and inspiring readings from various sources.
The program will be heard on C Joy Internet Radio which can be accessed
on the Web at
http://www.cjoyinternetradio.com.
If you would like to participate and comment on what you've heard,
you're more than welcome to join us on the station's conference line,
if you have unlimited long distance, at
218-548-1428.
Please emphasize this to your friends and acquaintances who do not have
computers, as we would like them to join us as well.  I know it's early
and, as the time gets closer, will post this message again.  It's
actually an extension of my radio program on our local radio reading
service here in Baltimore, but would appreciate live feedback, and
Brother Darrel Breffe, the station's founder, owner and operator, has
graciously invited the undersigned to do his show on his station, for
which we thank God for the invite.  Thanks for spreading the Word in
more ways than one.

And that will do for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing
something else of an encouraging nature will be posted, may the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul.