[Faith-talk] Small poem I found on the resurrection

Poppa Bear heavens4real at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:58:31 UTC 2016

Here is a poem about the resurrection that touched me in its homely way,
Excuse the old fashion style, it comes from a book written in the 1800's.

   "There is a plough that has no share,

    But a coulter that parteth keen and fair.

    But the furrows they rise

    To a terrible size,

    Or ever the plough hath touched them there.

    'against horses and plough in wrath they shake:

    The horses are fierce; but the plough will break.

   "And the seed that is dropped in those furrows of fear,

    Will lift to the sun neither blade nor ear.

    Down it drops plumb,

    Where no spring times come;

    And here there needith no harrowing gear:

    Wheat nor poppy nor any leaf

    Will cover this naked ground of grief.

   "But a harvest-day will come at last

    When the watery winter all is past;

    The waves so gray

    Will be shorn away

    By the angels' sickles keen and fast;

    And the buried harvest of the sea

Will be   Stored in the barns of eternity."