[Faith-talk] Patriotic Poem for Monday, July 4, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Mon Jul 4 16:50:15 UTC 2016

Hello to you all, and happy independence Day to my fellow compatriots.
Hope all is going well as you read this message, by God's matchless
grace and His providential care.

Normally in this space will be the Baffling Bible Questions Answered
column, but that has been put off until tomorrow.  Rest assured that it
will show up, if my Internet connection holds.

Our poem for today was written by Roger Robicheau and is entitled "Home
of the Brave," rendered as follows:

Through the feel of war they brave this day;
How proud they stand, their unselfish way!

Our soldiers bear what we cannot see;
They assure our right to live life free.

Each trained will face an unknown fate;
Our support they need, don't hesitate.

Just imagine how this land would be
Without their courage, catastrophe!

All the liberties we have grown to know
Would not exist, this life would go.

Find a thankfulness within your mind;
Speak gratitude for our bravest kind.

Have the willingness to show you care
For fallen heroes, hold back no tear.

Reach out to God with His guiding light,
For our troops do pray, both day and night.

America, raise your flags to wave,
For we truly are "home of the brave."

And there you have it for today.  Before I close, I have one question to ask.

I know that my fellow compatriots wouldn't mind if I post other
patriotic poems from this collection from time to time, but my question
to you who are not Americans is this:  Even though these poems are
primarily directed to U.S. citizens and residents, would you mind if I
were to post others in this space? The reason for the question is that
some of you might consider my posting of these poems as a bit of
superior smugness.  If I've counted correctly, we have people from
eight different countries on the various lists who receive my posts.
Any response from anyone outside this country would be very much
appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing when
the baffling Bible questions answered column will be posted, may the
God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul