[Faith-talk] a proper intro

Sarah Blake LaRose sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Sat Jul 16 01:02:37 UTC 2016

Hello, all.

I joined the list a few weeks prior to convention hoping to get a sense of how the group conducted itself. It has been a rather interesting time. *smile*

I enjoyed meeting some of you at the convention, and I thank Tom for giving me a moment to talk to those who were present for the meeting. If you missed it, I’ll share here on the list that ten years ago I started attending seminary with no idea how I would learn biblical languages. I was very blessed with good teachers and a background that included prior employment for an adaptive technology company. I was able to configure my computer to display Hebrew and Greek on my braille display, and since graduating I have worked with other people to increase ways to make languages accessible. I am now teaching Hebrew online at Anderson University in Anderson, IN. This year all of my students are sighted. I had one student last year who used Voiceover with the Mac; and we have also had a blind student in Greek besides myself.

That’s enough rambling for now. Thanks again, Linda, for the welcome.

Sarah Blake LaRose
Personal mail: sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
http://www.sarahblakelarose.com