[Faith-talk] Quotes for Sunday, June 5, 2016 and an Announcement of Possible Interest

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Jun 5 11:01:51 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this Lord's Day, the first one in
June.  Hope that your day is going well, both ecclesiastically and
otherwise.  Of course as this message is being written my readers in
New Zealand will be the first to enter a new day.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

If passion drives, let reason hold the reins.  Benjamin Franklin

There are two kinds of men who never amount to much:  those who can do
what they are told and those who can do nothing else.  Cyrus H. Curtis

And there you have today's quotes, but stay tuned to the announcement.

Up in Canada there is a rather interesting and innovative station
called AMI, Accessible Media Inc.  This evening at 8 PM eastern time,
for those interested, their award-winning program "Contact" will air an
interview with a blind Palestinian journalist whose name escapes me at
the moment.  We all have heard on the news the violence that takes
place in that area of the Middle East, and I would suppose that being a
journalist, whether one is blind or not, is a somewhat difficult job.
So, if interested go to the following URL to hear the interview at the
time mentioned above:
http://www.amiaudio.ca.
If you can't hear it at the time of its first airing, don't worry, as
I'm sure that a podcast of the show will be available later somewhere
on the main site of
http://www.ami.ca.

And that will do it for today's quotes.  Until tomorrow when, Lord
willing more of the same plus news tidbits will be posted, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay
for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation
and peace, Oil of Gladness.