[Faith-talk] {Spam?} Daily Thought for Friday, June 17, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Jun 17 16:26:43 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to most of you for the second time today, and
greetings to the daily thought posts after too long an absence.  I do
hope that your day is going well, whether it be morning, afternoon or
evening where you are as you read this message, by God's matchless
grace and His providential care.

As we all know, in the United States and maybe in Canada this Sunday
has been set aside to honor fathers, and it is with this in mind that
the next two days' daily thought articles will deal with this subject.
Unfortunately the author of the piece you are about to read is not
given, but it is entitled "All Depends On Our Father," rendered as follows:

Some people take the attitude:  "God is too great, too busy, to remote,
to be interested in me personally." That might be a complaint.  It
might be false humility.  It might be wishful thinking on the part of
someone who has a bad conscience and hopes that God is not interested
in what he does.  But we should not measure God by our standards nor
judge Him by our limitations.  He is God, and so His eye can be on the
sparrow and His mind can number the very hairs of our heads.  He does
not lose sight of our best interests or neglect our needs.  He is
vitally interested in what we do with the gift of life.

The continued existence of all things depends on the Father-Creator.
The seeds which the sparrow eats, the food of the fish in the sea, the
crops which men harvest and the food we gather into baskets at the
supermarket come from His generous hand.  The food itself, the strength
to gather it, the ability of our bodies to turn that food into energy
and strength are all gifts of His goodness.  He is not too great to
care about these things.

At the wedding of Cana, Jesus did not refuse to provide wine on the
basis that He had more important things to do--like redeeming the
world.  So the Father does not refuse to give any further attention to
the creature world on the ground that He is busy gathering the Church
from the great mass of sinners.  If He should close His hand or turn
His face, there would be no life on this earth.  Even those who deny
His preserving care could not draw another breath without His power and
care.  Those who refuse to look to Him or acknowledge their dependence
on Him could not live another moment if He were not such a dependable
God.  The same Spirit who moved over the face of the waters and changed
chaos to cosmos is still lending the breath of life to all things,
including mankind.  Each spring, each renewing of the earth, is
evidence of His life-giving ways.  It is the same Spirit who teaches us
that this IS our Father's world and enables us to appreciate that we
can also depend on Him for eternal life in Jesus Christ, who has taught
us to call the Creator and Preserver "Father."

Well, even though this article was brief, I hope and pray that you
received some spiritual food from reading it, as I surely did.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing
another daily thought message and article will be posted, may the God
of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and
collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian
friend and brother, Paul