[Faith-talk] Quotes for Tuesday, June 28 2016 and One News Tidbit

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Jun 28 12:00:30 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on a Tuesday or, for you in New Zealand
as this message is being written, a good very early Wednesday morning.
I hope that your day is going well, by God's matchless grace and His
providential care.

As you all know by now, there were no quotes or news tidbits for
yesterday as my Internet connection was down.  In fact I'm posting one
news tidbit only from over the weekend in addition to the quotes to see
if things may have righted themselves, so to speak.  Am still going to
have a Verizon technician come to the house to have him fix one area,
and that is entering chatrooms, and hopefully he can fix it.  So here
are the two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

A man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.
The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has
ever been.  Alan Ashley-Pitt

Information is not knowledge.  Frank Zappa (quote compiler's comment:
He was born and bred right here in Baltimore).

And now for the one news tidbit, one that I didn't get from the AP.

Harford County, Maryland--Well, after spending 11 hours in the waters
of Chesapeake Bay, 32-year-old Lori Connor (I think that was her last
name.) was finally rescued.  She and some friends were out boating on
the water when a fluke wave somehow knocked her out of the boat, but
her calls for rescue somehow didn't get heard.  So she swam to a nearby
buoy but, finding no boats in the vicinity, she swam to a nearby island
about a mile away.  She spent the entire night there.  In the morning
she saw some people in woods on the Aberdeen Proving Ground army
reservation, and she was able to get their attention and be rescued.
So far she's all right, as far as I know.  Don't know if she's a
Christian or not, but God definitely had a hand in her rescue.

And that will do it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more
of the same will be posted, I am your obedient servant of the One who
lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now
lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.