[Faith-talk] updates on my current living situation

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:41:10 UTC 2016

Family is very very important. Whether they are perfect are not in your eyes, they are important. Since no one can be perfect we really have to seriously take a break from them maybe but not write them off completely. But then again there are families who see guardianship for their adult children that do not need this kind of care. I have a close friend whose family treats him the same way it seems besBth's boyfriend is being treated. Just because you want to check is no reason to put guardianshipjust because you want to check is no reason to put guardianship on someone who is perfectly capable of living life on their own successfully if given skills. Sometimes someone else has to stop in and I think that's kind of what Beth is trying to do. Unfortunately she can't do it alone. I know my friends family doesn't like me because I encourage him to do things on his own. His family talk to him into coming home from CCB for a visit and basically is holding him hostage rather than encouraging him to go back and finish out his training. He was almost done too! I know it's so hard to look from another perspective. I want to thank you Papa bear for bringing out your story. That really touched me. I've always known I was blessed because I had family support from the beginning, but your story reminds me more and more of how blessed I am.

The struggle to get married or not, living together and these relationship things are just as challenging for cited is blind. Family issues two are just as tough. My ex-husband was always worrying that his family won't except me because of my disability and not being good at math. You see his parents are both math teachers and he'd heard stories of students they gave them fits. In the end, he got more distant from his family and will drop me off at his parents house for a family celebration letting them bring me home. Is mental health issues did not make him feel comfortable in his family's presence but knew that family was important and I was kind of a spokesperson. His family excepted me just fine though I had to teach them a few things about being blind. Happily, though we divorced I maintain a good relationship with my ex in-laws and my ex-husband. In the long run he has brought him and his family closer together. He still feels uncomfortable, but he is willing to spend time with his family more often. I stayed with my husband for 15 years before we applied for divorce which was his decision. As much as we love each other, we know that we could not live together any longer. There's no need to go through things here, but believe me divorce was not what I dreamed of. Sometimes though it is the best answer. He was not able to be the spouse he wanted to be and knew I needed.

Mostly we need to pray for Beth and her boyfriend. I have spoken to her on the phone on occasion so I know a bit more what's going on. I have a feeling God is working in   This situation we just don't know exactly how.

I'd like to hear more for you stories from people. My story is so boring and traditional I have no idea why anyone would want to hear mine.

Ericka Short
"What is right is not always popular; what is popular is not always right."

 from my iPhone