[Faith-talk] Wisdom Gems and Pearls for Sunday, May 8, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun May 8 11:27:09 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this Lord's Day, at least that's what
it is as this message is being written.  I hope that your day is a good
one, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Before I give you today's quotes, I'd like to add my greetings to all
you mothers out there, and that your children and church members show
appreciation to you, not only today with cards, flowers, phone calls or
even paying for you to have a nice restaurant meal today, but also
during the rest of the year.

And now for today's quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

When we forgive someone, we look more like Jesus than at any other
moment in our life.

We need never be ashamed of our tears.  Charles Dickens

And that will do it for today, but don't forget that, later on in this
space will be the weekly Bible trivia game poem for you, then based on
a book and chapter of the Old Testament.  Until then or until tomorrow
when, Lord willing more quotes and hopefully some news tidbits will be
posted, I am your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly
existence, died to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to
bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.