[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Trivia Game Poem for Sunday, May 8, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun May 8 16:44:07 UTC 2016

Hello and good day to you all on this Mother's Day, at least here in
the U.S. and Canada.  I hope you are all doing well, and that you
mothers will receive or have received a surprise gift that you wanted
but didn't think you would ever get.  That's always something good, right?

And now for this week's Bible trivia game poem for you, this time based
on a book and chapter of the Old Testament.  For those who don't know,
the Lord led me to post these weekly poems several years ago,
originally written by the late Alvy E. Ford of Tamecula Ca.  Brother
Ford took it on himself to write a little poem on every chapter of the
Bible, something that I myself wouldn't have tackled.  My Old testament
collection only covers from Song of Songs to Malachi.

And with that, let's see if you can give me the book and chapter of
this week's poem.

Glory now comes from the way of the east.
Prophet is given the law of the priest.
He must recount all the things he has seen.
Blood on the altar makes everything clean.

Well folks, I would get the book all right, but the chapter would elude
me were someone else running this game.  Let's see how well you do with
your responses.

Don't forget that the goal in presenting these weekly ditties is not to
find out how clever you are, but to hopefully get you to delve more
deeply into God's Word, the Bible.

And that will do it for today.  Until next Sunday when, Lord willing
another Bible trivia game poem will be posted, then from the New
Testament, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe,
individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.
Your Christian friend and brother, Paul