[Faith-talk] Quotes for Sunday, November 6, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Nov 6 11:33:42 UTC 2016

Well folks, as this message is being written it's the first Sunday in
November, and I trust all is well with all of you, both individually
and collectively.  It's all right with me here in northeast Baltimore.

Here are today's two quotes for you in this Lord's Day.

Small deeds done are better than greater deeds planned.  Peter Marshall
(quote compiler's queery:  Would this quote have been written by Peter
Marshall Jr., the son of a late U.S. Senate chaplain, also with the
same name? It doesn't matter one way or another; it's still a good
quote in my opinion).

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners unless there are
three other people.  Olson Welles (quote compiler's comment:  Is Mr.
Welles saying in so many words that one should not have "intimate
dinners" alone? Just a thought).

And there, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of our
heavenly King-Father and saints of the Most High God, are your quotes
for today.  Before I close as I do on occasion on this day, I hope
that, if you read this message before you go to your respective houses
of worship, that you and your fellow congregants will get a good word
from the Lord as imparted to you by your pastors and/or Sunday school
teachers and, with that word firmly implanted in your hearts, minds and
souls, you will apply the same to your individual lives as the gracious
Holy Spirit enables.  Ditto for you if you've already been there.

Don't forget that, later today in this space will be the weekly Bible
trivia game poem, so get your biblical thinking caps ready.  I have
mine with Philemon 2 written on it.  Otherwise wait till tomorrow when
more quotes and news tidbits will be posted.  Until either time I am
your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died
to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His
salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.