[Faith-talk] Weekly Bible Trivia Game Poem for Sunday, November 6, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sun Nov 6 20:35:41 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to most of you for the second time on this Lord's
Day.  Sorry to be a little late, but when I got home from church I took
a nap and, well, you can guess the results.  Besides I wasn't feeling
too well, and hence had no appetite for lunch.  However hopefully
things are back to normal.

Our weekly Bible trivia game poem is from the Old Testament, and
remember that all I have is from Song of Songs to Malachi.  Let's see
how well you do with this one.

Israel surely shall lose her delight.
She shall be caught in a terrible plight.
Living in poverty, sunken in shame,
She had forgotten the Lord's worthy name.

Well folks, with this one I would have no clue as to book and chapter
if someone else was running this game.  I would know that it came from
the prophetic books, but with 16 of them I'd be hard pressed to guess
the right answer.  Anyway let's see how well you do with this one.

And that will do it for this week.  Until sometime tomorrow in this
space when, Lord willing the weekly baffling Bible questions answered
column will be posted, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just
keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in
which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul