[Faith-talk] Quotes for Tuesday, October 4 2016 and a Sneak Preview of My Radio Show's Contents

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Oct 4 10:06:46 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings once again this week.  Well, if you are reading
these lines it's evident that our Lord saw fit to give you hopefully a
peaceful sleep.  As for me, He surely did, because I didn't have to get
up in the middle of the night, for which I'm very thankful.

Here are today's quotes for your consideration, Make yourself an honest
man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the
world.  Thomas Carlyle

I don't kill flies, but I like to mess with their minds.  I hold them
above globes.  They freak and yell whoa, I'm much too high.  Bruce Baum
(quote compiler's comment:  How can he, or for that matter anyone, know
that they yell "Whoa?")

And there you have today's two quotes, but stay tuned to a sneak
preview of my show at 4 PM eastern time on
http://www.cjoyinternetradio.com.
Anyone here living in west central North Carolina might enjoy an
article of both a historical and travel theme, as we're going to focus
briefly on several historical Christian sites in Florida, and then move
on to Valdese NC.

What is it like to serve the Lord by giving away the family farm? Well,
listen and you will find out.

Anyone here of Czech or Slovak heritage will hopefully enjoy a rather
detailed article, over a year old I'll admit, about a reformer who
preceeded Martin Luther by 100 years.  I'm referring to Jan Hus of Prague.

There will be more articles, of course, but if you wish to listen go to
the website cited above.  If you have long-distance phone plans come
into the virtual studio by calling the following number:
701-801-1220 and then entering the pass code of 165643874.  If all goes
well you will be there, especially if you'd like to make a comment on
an article that piques your interest.  And remember, we're on from 4-5
PM eastern time.  Even if you can only be there for a short time,
that's better than nothing at all.  Thanks for joining us.

And that will do for today's quotes.  Until later when hopefully we see
you in CJOY's virtual studio, you read today's uplifting reading or
until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be posted, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay
for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation
and peace, Oil of Gladness.