[Faith-talk] Applause for the church

Tom Vos tomvos614 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:01:42 UTC 2016

Many years ago I was serving as the pastor of a rural congregation.
When it became clear that my eyesight was deteriorating and would lead
to blindness, I told my congregation and asked for their prayers.
One of my elders came to me after this service and said, "This is
going to be good for us."
And the church backed up his words of affirmation over the next 25
years.  No other church would issue me a call, but my congregation
supported me and cared for me, even while I continued to serve them.
Tom