[Faith-talk] Fw: Slow Down and Listen {Encouragement for Today}

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Tue Oct 11 02:33:17 UTC 2016

Thanks, Bethkats, for forwarding this devotional.  You know, reading it
made me wonder that if I were deaf-blind, would I be in a better
position to truly hear God's whisper or still small voice? Now I'm not
suggesting for one moment that we blind folk who have normal hearing do
this, but we receive most of our information through that vehicle, our
ears, and sometimes it takes discipline for us to slow down and hear
God's whisper.  Even if we could shut out temporarily background
sounds, there are always thoughts that come to our minds, hearts and
souls that also can interfere with hearing God's small voice and
whisper.  Several years ago in my quote posts someone wrote:  God
speaks to us if we take the time to listen." Hope you found my response
to this forward a blessing, as well as other members.  Paul