[Faith-talk] Autumn Tapestry by Patience Strong

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Oct 14 17:55:33 UTC 2016

Hello and a good Friday to most of my readers, although as this is
being written it's already Saturday for you in Australia and New
Zealand.  At any rate I hope all of your day is going well, by God's
matchless grace and His providential care.

One of our local poetesses here in the Baltimore area is named Patience
Strong, and she comes today with one of her original works entitled
Autumn Tapestry.  May her poem bless you as it has blessed me.

Framed within the casement
Of my window I can see
The rich and varied colors
Of the autumn tapestry.

Worked in glowing shades of red
And russet, mauve, and blue,
The garden in the foreground
And beyond, the rolling view.

Sunflowers blazing round the path
And dahlias bold and bright;
Beds of gay chrysanthemums,
Bronze, amber, rose and white,
Massed against the mellow background
Of the distant scene,
Stretching to the far horizon,
Brown and gold and green.

Furrowed acres newly plowed,
The corn shocks, and the hay;
Orchards, stubbles, cottage roofs,
And churches old and gray.

Meadow pastures, willow-fringed,
Where flow the winding streams:
Lovely as a picture
In the tapestry of dreams.

And there you have Patience's contribution poetically given.  Again I
hope you enjoyed her word pictures of what she can see through her window.

And that will do it for now.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing another
bit of autumn poetry will be posted, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and
Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last
days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul