[Faith-talk] Quotes for Saturday, October 15, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sat Oct 15 13:18:16 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on a Saturday.  Sorry to be a little
late with this one, but your quote compiler just wanted a little bit
more shut-eye today.  Besides, for me it's a little cold outside, and
no, I didn't open my bedroom window.  Anyway here are today's two
quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Coming together is a beginning.  Keeping together is progress.  Working
together is success.  Henry Ford (quote compiler's comment:  Maybe the
person who wins the U.S. presidential election can use this as his/her
motto, in my opinion).

The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to
cook.  Julia Child

And that are the quotes for today.  As to other things, as this is
being written some 25,000 runners are taking part in the 15th Baltimore
Running Festival, consisting of a marathon, half-marathon and a 5-K
run.  And if that's not enough to keep citizens, residents and visitors
to our city occupied, the Blue Angels are going to do a flying
demonstration and the Navy is showing off its latest ships in our Inner
Harbor.  As for me I'll just stay home and enjoy your company.

Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be posted or until
later on in this space when I find a nice worthy poem to post, I am
your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died
to pay for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His
salvation and peace, Oil of Gladness.