[Faith-talk] 10/28/16 Quotes, Announcement of Radio Show and One News Tidbit

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Fri Oct 28 11:05:52 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to you all on this last day of the traditional
workweek here in the U.S.  Of course this may differ in other
countries.  Hope your day is going well, by God's matchless grace and
His providential care.

Here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education
is when you read the fine print, and experience is what you get when
you don't.  Pete Seeger, American folk singer and activist, 1919-2014
(quote compiler's comment:  Those of us who have been gainfully
employed for a long time can attest to the fact that on-the-job
training in a particular field of work shows the mettle that the
prospective employee is made of).

The stars are constantly shining, but often we do not see them until
the dark hours.  author unknown

And that will do it for the quotes, but a reminder is in store that, if
you read this message in time and are interested, the undersigned will
be doing his radio show from 9-10 AM today eastern time over the
facilities of the Radio Reading Network of Maryland, accessible at
http://www.radioreadingnetwork.org.
We have two articles to share with you, one being the post from
yesterday about the leaf and the wind and a story by William Trevor
about a happy family.  Well, I'll leave it up to you to judge whether
the family is not.  Thanks in advance for listening, even if you can
only hear part of our God-led efforts.

And now to the one news tidbit, but one that I found very exciting.  It
seems that in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem that
workers were doing some excavation when they found within the walls of
the edifice a cave believed to be the true burial site of Christ.
There was an article about it in yesterday's New York Times, but I have
to go to NFB Newsline to get a more complete picture of the story.
Here is something I didn't know about one of the holiest sites in
Christendom, and that is that the AP mentioned that six Christian
groups use this site for worship.  Now I know the Catholic Church,
Greek Orthodox and Armenian Churches have particular jurisdiction over
this site, but what the other three are not.  The present Church of the
Holy Sepulcher is a 12th-century building over yet a 4th-century
structure.  Just wanted you all to know this, in case it has escaped
your attention.

And that will do for today.  Until later when, Lord willing you hear
the golden tones of the voice of the undersigned or until even later
when hopefully another timely article will be posted, I am your
obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay
for your sins and mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation
and peace, Oil of Gladness.