[Faith-talk] Quotes for Monday, October 31, 2016

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Mon Oct 31 10:00:34 UTC 2016

Hello and greetings to one and all on this last day of October.  Hope
your day is going well as you read this message, by God's matchless
grace and His providential care.

As usual here are today's two quotes for your consideration, pondering
and reflection.

Almost anybody can learn to think or believe or know, but not a single
human being can be taught to feel.  E.E. Cummings, American poet,
1894-1962 (quote compiler's comment:  The idea of feeling or compassion
with someone in distress is something that is, to one extent or
another, ingrained in each of us, and that's why one can't learn to
feel, all in my opinion).

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on.  It is never any
use to oneself.  Oscar Wilde

And there you have today's quotes.  Until later today when, Lord
willing we continue looking in depth at the Gospel of Matthew in the
Baffling Bible Questions Answered weekly column or until tomorrow
morning when more quotes will be posted, I am your obedient servant of
the One who lived an earthly existence, died to pay for your sins and
mine, and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Oil of
Gladness.