[Faith-talk] {Spam?} Re: autism, healing and whatever else...

Emanuel psalmtjugotre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 07:00:43 UTC 2016

Yes

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Faith-Talk [mailto:faith-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] För andrew edgcumbe
via Faith-Talk
Skickat: den 1 september 2016 04:26
Till: Faith-talk, for the discussion of faith and religion
<faith-talk at nfbnet.org>
Kopia: andrew edgcumbe <rollercoasterman86 at gmail.com>
Ämne: Re: [Faith-talk] {Spam?} Re: autism, healing and whatever else...

Hi the issue i have is this is some of these people are very forceful about
wanting you healed sometimes i think that it is them that has a problem more
than you and things. I also think sometimes that  tsome of these people want
to be showy and all they want is a mearicle for their selfish desires.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM, Sarah Blake LaRose via Faith-Talk <
faith-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> I always like to tell people that there was one instance in which a
> person's friends brought him to Jesus and it was because the crows was
> in the way. When Jesus healed a person, he didn't interact with
> another person who wanted to ask him to heal a blind person. The only
> times this happened was when a person was dying and the person's
> family member asked him to heal them. Otherwise he interacted directly
> with the person who asked him to heal them. So those of us who have
> disabilities are capable of asking for our healing or not. And there
> is a lot more to the healing narratives than healing. Most often these
> are stories about a person being restored to the community that was
> shunning them or leaving them out because of their disability. I have
> to wonder what Jesus would have to say to a community that has the
> means and the power to be inclusive but refuses to be enlightened and live
as the community of God should.

> Sarah Blake LaRose, M.Div., accessible instruction in biblical
> languages Personal mail: sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
> http://www.sarahblakelarose.com Info for seminaries and faith

then, we must make the best of it, and be an encouragement to others.